Thursday, September 16, 2010

Silhouette Sentiments

I made this card at a recent make 'n take put on by the stamp club SU Demonstrator (Julie).  I really love the colors on this simple little card.  It was easy and fast and can be used with just about any sentiment.  These make 'n takes put on by Julie (the stamp club demonstrator) are great - she brings all the materials, stamps and ink and we show up with our snail and scissors and park our bottoms in the chairs and await her excellent directions.

I got to see my great nephew for the first time today at my sister's house (he's  5 weeks old) and his name is Cameron.  He is just the cutest little thing and he loves to cuddle and be cooed.  He does not, however, like his diaper changed - and expressed his dislike of that situation quite vocally.  Once he gets his clean diaper and clothes back on - he's quite content.  Cameron is quite the charmer!!  Aren't babies just the best?!

I watched the season finale of my favorite TV show, HBO's True Blood, last night that recorded while we were in Kentucky and Tennessee.  The personalities of the characters seem to be taking twists and turns which will lead into next season.  However, the clincher is - it is going to be next June before it starts up again and I just hate waiting.  It hasn't helped to have read all of Charlaine Harris' books in the Sookie Stackhouse series - because the HBO series hasn't followed along with the books very closely at all.  I think the thing to do would be to have a 1 hour episode (at least monthly) until next June when the series starts up again.  That would be sort of like dangling the bait to keep everyone going (especially me).  Maybe I'll send an e-mail to HBO with that suggestion.  I bet their trash cans are full of good ideas sent by viewers - what do you think? 

Well, that's it tonight for the blurb on the blog, so - later gator!



Card Reciple:
Stamps:  SU Silhouette Sentiments (Level I Hostess)
Paper:  SU Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake and SU Elegant Soiree DP
Ink:  Baja Breeze and Crumb Cake
Accessories:  SU Circle Punch; SU Very Vanilla ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Your visit meant a lot. The girls loved and you looked sweet with Cameron.

    Love from your sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your cards kathy!
    oh and we are true blood fans here too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!