Sunday, October 17, 2010

Napping Paradise


Don't you wish you could just curl up whenever the need for a nap arises?  That's the cool thing about cats!  I've noticed over the years that no matter where they are in the house, it's like lightning strikes and they just lay down and nap, i.e., the floor, the desk, the desk chair, keyboard, bathroom sink - it doesn't matter.  I can see it on their little faces, "OMG, I need a nap" and flump - they fall down and sleep!  There are times I'd like to take a nap, but I wake up so crabby and cranky that I'm just not fit to be around.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Sleeping Cat - Digi Doodle Shop
Paper:  DP- Cosmo Cricket Togetherness; SU Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip, Night of Navy and Whisper White
Ink:  Copics
Accessories:  Ribbon - Pink Hedgehog; SU rhinestone brad; Prima flower

I missed posting yesterday, as I was not not feeling too perky - feeling a bit better today. I've got card club tomorrow night and that's always a fun night with my sis and the club gals.  We usually make 3 projects that Julie designs and she brings the materials for us and we put them together per her instructions.

I put a turkey breast in the oven about an hour ago for dinner tonight.  Tomorrow night, we'll have turkey and noodles - which is my favorite - yummers!!

So, today, it's really nice out - sunny and about 70 degrees with a bit of a breeze - enough that the flag in my front yard is waving!

I've seen a new (well, new to me) technique on SCS lately - paper piecing.  I have a little apron digi stamp and I am going to try it over the next few days and I'll let you know how it turns out.  From what I understand, you just get your image ready and make a copy of it and then cut out the pieces you want to piece from the copy (using the copied stamp pieces as a pattern to cut out the DP) and then you just adhere them to your main image.  It reminds me of making clothes for paper dolls!

Well, that's it for the blurb on the blog this afternoon.  Later Gator!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I know the feeling...when I need a nap, I "flump" and take one. Naps are a great rejuvinator the older you get...and who cares if you are cranky - love ya anyway...oh and the card is cute...like the kitty.
    Your sis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!