Saturday, November 13, 2010

QFTD35


Hi to my sweet Sis (hope you are feeling better too).  Hi to my son and his darling family!

I'm feeling a bit better today, not quite totally up to par, but at least a bit better.  I had my flu shot, but this was an upper respiratory thing - and not pleasant - because it was hard to sleep.

This card was made in honor of Irishgreensue on SCS's Queen for the Day challenge 35.  Sue has a most awesome gallery of cards and, while browsing her gallery, I popped several into my favorites on SCS.  I opted to use one of Sue's Christmas cards, as I can always use another card in the stash.  Her card had a group of snowmen not matted.  All I did was to change colors, stamp and mat the sentiment and images - layout is basically the same too.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  SU Holiday Lineup
Paper:  SU CS and DP
Ink:  SU Markers
Accessories:  Ranger Stickles

I searched and searched the web for one of Martha Stewart's punches - it was a branch, but it was a pine tree branch.  I found one place that stocked it, but it was out of stock indefinitely.  You see the little punch all over SCS on Christmas cards and in blogland, but it must not be manufactured anymore, because it was nowhere to be found.  There were branch punches, but not the little pine tree branch.  Finally, I found one by Magill punches - same size, looks identical and I got it today.  I don't really like how the punch is made (it's a square punch and very difficult to "punch", (a lot of pressure is needed to push down to get the punched image), but the end result is the pine branch - so it's okay.

Well, yesterday it was 75 degrees and breezy and right now it's 45 and blustery.  30 degrees difference from  yesterday to today.  I was hoping the temperatures would hold a bit longer, but Mother Nature seems to want otherwise.  Geez, is she crabby or what! 

Well, that's it for today.  I have another funny card I'm going to upload a bit later to my blog and SCS.  I doubt if it gets many looks or comments on SCS, but I just think it's cute and funny.  I probably won't have much commentary following it, but I will upload it shortly.

That's it for the blurb on the blog today.  Later Gator!
I

4 comments:

  1. First of all, I want to thank you for your sweet comment on my new puppy!! I had to find your blog so I could get to know you a little. I love your cards. This Christmas card is really awesome. I love how you colored those guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! I guess I missed that you weren't feeling well, hope you continue to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another cutie - the whole gang posed for the card - you always do such cute cards.
    love ya
    sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun image kathy.
    great card.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!