Saturday, November 6, 2010

Queen for the Day 34 / Michelle a/k/a Shellapoo on SCS


This is a card I submitted in honor of Michelle a/k/a Shellapoo on Splitcoast.  Until this last Summer, Michelle was a regular on Splitcoast, who made cards for the "chemo kids" in her area hospitals and centers.  She also made cards for the families of the chemo kids, and, sadly, sometimes sympathy cards.  Michelle has been doing this for many years, but this last Summer, her MS got to a point which made it impossible for her to work on cards.  So, the ladies involved in the Queen for the Day Challenge all decided to make cards to send to Michelle for her to put in her stash and use them to send to her chemo kids.  This is the second card I made for Michelle today.  I also went through my stash of cards and pulled out about 38 cards, plus the two cards today and have boxed them up and will mail them to Michelle on Monday.  I can make cards daily and, at least for now, Michelle can't,  and I know she'll put the cards to good use.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Whimsy, Meljen's Sweet Dreams (Digi)
Paper:  Cosmo Cricket Togetherness DP and Whisper White CS - SU
Ink:  Copics
Accessories:  Prima flowers and paper piecing on the jammies

It was really nice today (just a bit cool) - high about 51 and breezy.  We have a heat wave coming this week - mid to high 60's - woo hoo - get the flip flops back out!

Today, I did my usual Saturday stuff - cleaned the house and laundry.  Well, I usually do laundry every day - so it doesn't stack up.  I got a couple of set of Nesties I ordered - pendant styles - I am going to try a couple of Christmas cards with them tomorrow.

Tonight - remember to turn your clocks back and hour (Spring forward and Fall back).  So, it will be getting dark earlier now - geez time is flying by so quickly.

Well, that's it for tonight.  So, later gator!







2 comments:

  1. He is such a precious bear - hope he brings a smile to the recipient. Staying undercovers today with the sniffles. Hope your day is better. Love - your sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooooooooo what a sweet little bear.
    he is gorgeous.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!