Friday, June 8, 2012

Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co. - Tutorial Time - Masked Center Card


This week at Tutorial Time on Speedy TV - we are learning to center mask a card taught by our DT member - Pat Garvin.  I really enjoyed this technique and, as with last week's, had never tried either one!  I know, I was hiding under the bushes when anyone mentioned "try something new!"  I really liked the aged feel to this card.  As I mentioned last week, we will be having a new tutorial each week by one of our Tutorial Time DT members, so come along and join us (don't hide) - learning is quite fun as I have discovered!

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Love Remains by Mark's Finest Papers,a Heinrich Co.
Paper:  MFP Hazlenut Tan (I love this color) and Premium Heavy White 140 lb. [Note:  Out of all the cardstock I have tried when using my Copics - and I have tried them all - MFP Premium Heavy White 140 lb. is the very best.  I'm not saying that because I am on a couple of their design teams.  Seriously, the blending with this paper is the best - no bleeding over the lines, etc.  I love it!!)
Ink:  Versamark; Ranger Distress Inks: Antique Linen; Tea Dye and Vintage Photo;
Accessories:  Clear Embossing Powder and Hot Gun

We hope you'll stop by Speedy TV and check out Pat Garvin's wonderful Center Masked Card tutorial - once you try it, you'll want to use the technique again and again!

Thanks for stopping by and later gator!


6 comments:

  1. Kathy, I love the aged look you achieved on your card, I loved this technique too & will use it over & over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The browns you used are just so soft and lovely. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is super pretty! I love that stamp set and yes I am going to have to try the white paper!!!
    Thanks for recomending it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card and text kathy.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done, my friend. Love the way you stamped the rose and great color choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!