Friday, July 20, 2012


SPOTLIGHTING TECHNIQUE


TUTORIAL TIME FOR SPEEDY TV

MARK’S FINEST PAPERS, a HEINRICH CO.

Kathy Bradley, Tutorial Time for SpeedyTV DT



          Today, I will be sharing a Spotlighting Technique for your cards or scrapbooking.  This technique doesn’t take very long and I hope you’ll enjoy the outcome.  Let’s get started.



The tools I’ll use today are the Oopsy Daisy stamp set from Mark’s Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.; Spellbinder’s Circle dies; 1-3/8” circle punch [You can use any size punches, dies, etc.]; Memento Tuxedo Black Ink; Copics: Y38, 08, 04, 00 and YG23, 21 [Note:  You can use any coloring medium that you might prefer]. Cardstsock – I used Premium White Heavy 140 lb. CS; Morning Sun CS; Sunrise Orange CS and Speedy the Cat Black CS (all CS from Mark’s Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.)








Stamp the main image you will be using on the card.









 On another piece of CS, stamp the portion of the image you will be spotlighting.









Now punch out the portion of the image to be spotlighted.









Color the punched out portion to be spotlighted.










Now glue the colored spotlighted image circle – to another circle just a bit larger – to set off the colored image and finish up your card.








 Finished card!


          Hope you enjoyed this fun tutorial!  Be sure to check out Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV every Friday featuring a new technique tutorial from the DT members!



          Thanks for checking this out and happy crafting!



6 comments:

  1. Beautifully done. I haven't done this technique in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a really great and easy to follow tutorial. I love your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spotlight stamping. Awesome card! TFS AJ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep SAYING I'm going to spotlight a card. Maybe I should go ahead and DO it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial! Love your spotlighted daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great tutorial Kathy and a gorgeous card.
    it's a very beautiful flower.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!