Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Journal Pages



I was mostly just playing with colors and types of ink on my background and ended up liking it - but - as you can once again see - it's blues.  I admit it - I am a blue addict!  So, I didn't really do much to the pages - but added a quote from Shakespeare and a few stickers (which I distressed a bit) from an old Anna Griffin scrapbook kit that's been sitting around for a long time.  But, I liked the result anyway - as tulips are one of my favorite Spring flowers.  I added a stamp from Bo Bunny's set Wall to Wall - it is old wood or barn siding.  I didn't put anything behind the pages when I stamped it - so, it didn't look like old barn wood because the pages are lumpy - but I liked it anyway.  This must have just been a "whatever is ok" day for me.  I did go in after this picture was taken and distressed the edges of the pages.

Journal Pages:
Ink:  Ranger Distress Paints in Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers
Stamp:  Bo Bunny Wall to Wall
Mediums: Art Basics Heavy White Gesso (which I watered down a bit); Art Basics Soft Matte Gel
Adhesives:  Hot Glue Gun and Beacon's Fabri Tac
Misc.:  3d stickers

Thanks for having a look at my "whatever" journal pages!


7 comments:

  1. Very cool! Great woodgrain background! Great pages, full of Spring cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous!
    This would match our
    THINGS WITH WINGS theme over at
    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE

    Hope to see you there!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful tulips Kathy this looks great
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Cathy - beautiful backgrounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I am not playing with blue then it is brown or pink...We all have our "go to" colours! I love what you have done here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! This is beautiful Kathy! I'm a sucker for that shade of blue as well! I keep telling myself to take time to do some art journaling, I feel so inspired seeing this! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful. I love how you colored the tulips. An amazing piece of art.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!