Friday, April 17, 2015

JUST FOR FUN LAYOUT




This layout is just for fun - I saw a layout by Amy Voorthuis and modeled this after hers - different colors, etc., but same idea.  I did ask Amy's permission first and she graciously gave it

I had some really old Thicker letters that I was going to toss - but decided to use those since they would be gessoed and embossed. I used 3 of the April Lindy Stamp Gang colors  and kept the background fairly clean.

Layout Recipe:

Paper:  Designer Paper Unknown - old and in my stash
Inks:  Lindy's Stamp Gang Greased Lightin' Green; Magnolia Magenta Gold; and Summer Lovin' Sun; Tim Holtz Vintage Photo around edges of all papers; Black Staz On
Stamp: Prima Finnabair Vintage Vanity (stamped on the letters)
Embossing Powder: Lindy's Stamp Gang Bonjour Butter and C'est la vie Cerise (embossed the letters0
Metal Embellishments:  The Flying Unicorn Garden Bloom
Flowers:   Prima Perle Bebe Almanac; Prima Paloma Melody; 
Miscellaneous: Tim Holtz Clockwork Stencil; Viva Decor Cream Pearl Pen and Viva Decor Light Blue Pearl Pen; Navy Blue Skeleton Leaves
Mediums:  Art Basics Clear Gesso; Art Basics Modeling Paste Opaque Matte
Adhesives:  Beacon's Fabri Tac and Hot Glue Gun

Thanks for stopping by and having a peek!

5 comments:

  1. Look at all that beautiful layering and details Kathy. I think this would be perfect for the Virginia's View Challenge going on right now Layers & Dimensions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this page is just beautiful, Kathy. Love the numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Love the effect you achieved on the letters! Lucky you did not toss them, they really look cool here and I love how you layered the papers behind the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is stunning I love it Kathy like the embellishments


    gr karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!