Thursday, June 25, 2015

HAPPY PLACE JOURNAL PAGES



This is a set of journal pages I had started some time ago and it was in a pile of "to be finished eventually" - so I pulled it out and finished it up.  The solitude of the beach is a happy place - but unfortunately, unless I travel some distance - all that is around here are lakes and rivers - nothing tropical.  I used some napkins cut apart and split apart and decoupaged them down with Finnabair Art Basic Soft Matte Gel.  Here are a few details:

Scenes - napkins 
Background:  Tim Holtz Distress Paints Wild Honey, Scattered Straw, Rusty Hinge and Antique Bronze
Mediums:  Prima/Finnabair Art Basics Clear Gesso and Soft Matte Gel; 13 Arts Sand Grit
Stamps:  Tim Holtz Worn Text

Thanks for taking a peek.


6 comments:

  1. Great journal pages! Sometimes you just have to walk away and come back when you feel inspired😄

    ~Vanessa W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages Kathy, who would not be happy in such beautiful scenes! Beautiful work with those napkins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pages. I never would have guessed they were napkins. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is awesome, you found some great napkins. These pages would make me want to just sit and look at it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!